Friday, May 15, 2009

A teacher who has changed my life.

When I was mid-teen, I used to think culture is totally unnecessary. I thought it’s nothing, which just creates problems in society and I can live without it. I thought that, I am superior to culture and used to hate those time when a wife bow her head to touch her husband’s legs. I used to hate cultural festival like Jatra thinking that it is unnecessary cultural activities which makes us to spend lots of money. But later on while attending class of Tejeswor Babu Gwanga I came to know that I misunderstood about the culture. His lecture about culture is very much impressive. I understand that, culture distinguish one human group from other, which makes animal being as human being. He also clarified about the cultural activities like, why wife bow head to her husband. According to him, in ancient period, women are totally dependent to her husband. Unless she marries to a man they don’t get identity. So women used to bow her head to tell her husband that I am with you in every step of life and in every decision of your life I will put my thoughts. Head represents mind, thought and leg represents way of life. This is one of the bad concepts of culture that should not leave it as it is. We should remove bad concept and should protect good concept. Now I have changed my thought about culture. Change in life greatly depends on our thought, behavior. As the change in a word in sentence changes whole meaning, Tejeswor sir has changed my thought so he has changed my life.